- The original name of Old Shallotte Baptist Church was the Basford Meeting House Church of Shallotte
February 4,1837 it was reconstituted after falling to decay.
1905 the church was moved to it's present location and the members came together and built a one-room building.
1925 the members again came together and built a larger one - room building beside the old building.
1926 the old building was sold and moved off the site.
1941 wings were added for additional classroom space
1943 a steeple and bell was added.
1959 a new building fund was started as well as appointing a building committee
October 28,1962 the first service was held on what was called "Harvest Day" with the Campbell College Choir performing. (we still to this day honor Harvest Day in October every year)
1966 a steeple was added.
December 1967 the church voted to purchase a church parsonage. It stands across the street. In the same conference the church voted to seek a full-time pastor. At that time the church membership was 146, 132 residents and 24 non-residents. Broke down to be 49 males and 84 females.
February 21,1968 the church appointed Rev. Raymond Whitefield of High Point to be the full time pastor.
March 10,1968 a service of dedication was held at 11:00, with Associational Missionary, Rev.Henry L. Register brought the dedication message and the people of Old Shallotte Baptist Church consecrating themselves anew, dedicating this house to the Glory of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2008 we are once again adding onto the church. We joined the main church and the fellowship hall, adding more classrooms, an office for the pastor and additional restrooms.
2014 building started again on the backside of the church to add a music room.
Today we worship in the 4th church building of Old Shallotte Baptist Church.
"To God Be The Glory